Dancing through Life
Today was crazy good. Like, pineapple dole whip good. Splashing in the pool on a hot day good. A sunset on the horizon kinda good. It was refreshing and full of pure joy. God showed up in huge ways.
First, we were blessed yet again by Korean Grandpa’s joyful presence. We’re sad because he’s leaving real soon.
Second, we found the laundry place fairly quickly after the persistence of going one more block.
Next, we hosted our first LST party for our readers with ‘Christmas in July’ as our theme. We had one party in the morning and one in the afternoon. We entertained them with musical chairs, crafting paper snowflakes, a skit based on the birth of Jesus which we asked readers to be volunteers for, pin the carrot on the snowman, and telephone, all the while playing Christmas tunes in the background. I cherish these moments when their faces light up with laughter and not a care in the world is had. And I found that I was truly enjoying myself, as others were enjoying themselves, and I realized just how beautiful and important fellowship is. The partys were definitely a success.
Later we went to a prayer meeting where we met a woman named Grace. She was so kind, and she is pursuing medical missions like me. She helped translate throughout the meeting. My team and I were talking about it afterwards. Grace, and the other people at the prayer meeting welcomed us in like family, even without really knowing us. It was so beautiful. I think Grace is very much like her name; she was grace to us.
God is so good. He has been working throughout this whole trip, but yesterday was special in my book. I loved yesterday. Each day is a new adventure, a new opportunity to seize the day. His grace is sufficient for us, and His mercies are new every day. How comforting, that each day is new and completely covered. Dancing has been a normal act for us this trip, with all the 30 second dance parties, and learning traditional Khmer dancing with our readers. When we FaceTimed with our LST host last night, she used the term ‘dancing.’ She said that our time here is almost over and the rest of our time here will fly (as it already has). She told us to dance in that. Dance in the time we have left, dance during our sessions, dance during every moment. Make the most of the time that we have left, because this a unique opportunity to be in this culture and be with these people. I love the term dancing. We should all dance through life, expecting the best and yet rejoicing in the worst. We can always rejoice because God is good and wants what’s best for us.
Let’s dance through this life in hopeful expectation of what God is gonna do :)
Love,
Milah
First, we were blessed yet again by Korean Grandpa’s joyful presence. We’re sad because he’s leaving real soon.
Second, we found the laundry place fairly quickly after the persistence of going one more block.
Next, we hosted our first LST party for our readers with ‘Christmas in July’ as our theme. We had one party in the morning and one in the afternoon. We entertained them with musical chairs, crafting paper snowflakes, a skit based on the birth of Jesus which we asked readers to be volunteers for, pin the carrot on the snowman, and telephone, all the while playing Christmas tunes in the background. I cherish these moments when their faces light up with laughter and not a care in the world is had. And I found that I was truly enjoying myself, as others were enjoying themselves, and I realized just how beautiful and important fellowship is. The partys were definitely a success.
Later we went to a prayer meeting where we met a woman named Grace. She was so kind, and she is pursuing medical missions like me. She helped translate throughout the meeting. My team and I were talking about it afterwards. Grace, and the other people at the prayer meeting welcomed us in like family, even without really knowing us. It was so beautiful. I think Grace is very much like her name; she was grace to us.
God is so good. He has been working throughout this whole trip, but yesterday was special in my book. I loved yesterday. Each day is a new adventure, a new opportunity to seize the day. His grace is sufficient for us, and His mercies are new every day. How comforting, that each day is new and completely covered. Dancing has been a normal act for us this trip, with all the 30 second dance parties, and learning traditional Khmer dancing with our readers. When we FaceTimed with our LST host last night, she used the term ‘dancing.’ She said that our time here is almost over and the rest of our time here will fly (as it already has). She told us to dance in that. Dance in the time we have left, dance during our sessions, dance during every moment. Make the most of the time that we have left, because this a unique opportunity to be in this culture and be with these people. I love the term dancing. We should all dance through life, expecting the best and yet rejoicing in the worst. We can always rejoice because God is good and wants what’s best for us.
Let’s dance through this life in hopeful expectation of what God is gonna do :)
Love,
Milah


Great advice and encouragement! Thanks Milah and team!
ReplyDeleteKeep on dancing!😊
Delete